West Volusia Historical Society
To preserve and promote the history of West Volusia County
Come join us on Friday, October 21 & Saturday, October 22, as Volusia Pioneers Describe The Impact of the Civil War on Their Lives, led by WVHS re-enactors at historic Oakdale Cemetery.
Use the Floridastories.org site to also find similar touring apps for other notable Florida cities, such as Bartow, Lake Wales, St. Augustine, Tampa, and Pensacola. Stay linked to the Florida Humanities Council (FHC) as more cities will be added in the future.
The Walk DeLand Phone App is Now Live
Use the QR Code to get yourself access to the touring programs of the Florida Humanities Council. If you do not yet have QR Reader app on your device, follow the steps below acquire the Reader FREE and then proceed to get your download of Walk DeLand.
1. Go to the app store on your phone (google play store for android devices) search for a “free”
2. Once you have download the QR reader on your phone, click on the app to activate it
3. Hold your phone over a rack card with the QR code or the code on this page until it is focused
on the on the QR code.
4. Once the Florida Stories screen appears on your phone (it’ll show up as a blue icon with
footprints) click the link to download it. On google play, it will require you to put in a
password, but you can go to the play store and download the app)
5. Once you click on the app, an “open box” will appear, click it and the app will open. Select
“allow” for your location. This will activate the location feature for you when using the map
function for an area of interest.
6. From there, click on the “discover” tab on your screen, Then click on “find tours” Deland
should be the first one that shows up on the screen (the tour is free) From there, click
download on the tour.
7. Once the app is downloaded, you can click on the Walk DeLand tour, and begin your tour.
Each of the 12 Stops will feature a map icon in the top right corner. Clicking it shows your
location on a map and can be flipped back to the regular page.